Sunday, February 19, 2012

Adoption Progress -- Hoping

I thought I'd give everyone a little update on where our adoption is at. We sent in our forms to USCIS 2 weeks ago tomorrow. We don't have an appointment to get our fingerprints done yet, but most people get those back within a couple of weeks, so hopefully we'll have one soon. I plan to call on Tuesday (since they're not open tomorrow) and see if they can tell me if we have a fingerprint appointment yet.

Once we get the paper with our appointment on it in the mail we'll probably try walking in to the local USCIS office and seeing if they'll do our fingerprints early. They usually aren't busy, and often they'll let you walk in, but not always, so we'll see. Often after you get fingerprints it still takes 4-6 weeks to get approval, but lately a number of people have managed to get an officer assigned quickly and have had their approval in the mail as soon as their fingerprints are done, so I'm hoping we'll be able to do that rather than waiting a month or more. Again, we'll see.

We also sent our first paperwork off to EE at the same time we sent the papers to USCIS. I know they got there. Hopefully they've been translated and submitted to the government there. That would mean we should hear back soon about a date to submit the rest of our paperwork (dossier). That date would probably be about 2 months out.

We have a few more papers to finish for our dossier, but they can easily be done in the 2 months we'll be waiting for our dossier submission date. I'll be starting on the first of those (a different set of fingerprints) at the end of this week.

It's hard to have so much of the process and paperwork out of my hands. I just have to hope (and pray!) that the right papers are going the right places to keep things moving forward. I definitely don't like the waiting. But hopefully we'll have news on both fronts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment