Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Few Updates

I know, I've been horrible about keeping up on this blog. I promise I'll do better in the coming months! But here are a few updates from the last month:

1. There's still no official word on the special needs list in our girl's country. Maybe in January we'll know for certain when she'll be available. (Just to remind everyone, she'll be available in June no matter what.)

2. The little boy on my sidebar, who I was a warrior for, now has a committed family, and they have accepted his file in his country, and they get to meet him tomorrow! (Actually, with the time difference, in just a few hours!) If you, like me, want to follow along, their blog is http://threemorejacobsons.blogspot.com/.

3. I finally set up an etsy shop to sell some flower hair clips and cards to help raise money for our adoption. I'm going to figure out how to put a link in my sidebar, but until then, the shop is at http://www.etsy.com/shop/vadascreations. The pictures aren't the best, but I promise the stuff is super cute! And I have a whole bunch more cards and clips to add, so if you want something specific keep checking back or send me an e-mail.

4. We're working on "officially" committing to our girl, so hopefully soon we'll get to put her picture here! At that point we'll also have a link you can use to make tax-deductible donations to her adoption, if you're so inclined.

5. We're working on our home study, should have our home visit later this month, and will hopefully have it completed by early January. We're also starting work on dossier documents to send to our daughter's country.

So, even though I haven't been updating, things have been progressing, and hopefully will continue to do so at an even faster rate!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Just saw you on the new commitments page on RR. We live in San Antonio and are adopting from B now. Feel free to email me, I'd be happy to share what I can with you!

    Jessica

    jessica(dot)vaness(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your official news on RR! Congratulations!!! This must be a pretty exciting day at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! Things have been crazy this week, but we're super excited, and I promise I'll do a blog update soon!

    ReplyDelete