Saturday, September 10, 2011

Advocating

Another thing I let fall by the wayside during the last few crazy months was my plan to start advocating for some of the (marvelous, adorable) orphans who I've fallen in love with since I started thinking about all of this. Just after I started this blog I asked to be a warrior for one little boy in particular.

Shawn

Shawn touched my heart the first time I saw him. He's just a couple months older than one of my sons, and his smile and the way he hugs his little stuffed friends just made me fall in love. I don't think I'm supposed to be his mommy, but I'm hoping that whoever she is, she'll find him soon. I'm going to do my best to help him be found, and also to raise at least a little bit of money so that when his parents do find him, they'll be that much closer to going and getting him.

I also started to set up an etsy site just before I moved so that I could sell some crafts and donate the proceeds to Shawn's fund, but that's another thing that fell by the wayside. I'm hoping to get the crafting stuff unpacked and set up soon, so check back and you can find (or request) some cute cards, and donate to an orphan at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment